Ad Astra Radio Family Brands

Structure Fire in Hutchinson Thursday Night: HFD Reminds Residents to Have Chimneys Regularly Cleaned and Inspected for Cracks

SHARE NOW

By Lucky Kidd

 

HUTCHINSON, Kan. — Hutchinson Fire crews were called out just after 10 Thursday night on a structure fire in the 500 block of East Avenue A.

According to a news release Friday afternoon, fire was coming out of the chimney as the first units arrived.

The owners of the home weren’t there but fire crews did get access and closed off the flue pipe and were able to use a dry chemical extinguisher to snuff the fire out. The fire did get into a wall around the chimney but that was also dealt with in short order.

The Hutchinson Fire Department reminds residents having chimneys to have them cleaned regularly, and also inspected for cracks.