– The first heatwave of the year is upon us. High temperatures Monday and Tuesday are expected to be around 20 degrees above normal as they top out in the mid to upper 90s for most locations.
Heat related death are preventable. Remember to look before you lock – always double check to make sure everyone is out of the car before you lock it.
It will also be important to take heat precautions when outdoors including staying hydrated. Practice heat safety wherever you are.
· On job sites: stay hydrated and takes breaks in the shade as often as possible.
· Indoors: Check up on the elderly, sick and those without AC.
· Vehicles: Never leave kids or pets unattended.
· Outdoors: Limit strenuous outdoor activities, find shade, and stay hydrated.
Find more tips at
Sunny, with a high near 96. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 22 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
Mostly clear, with a low around 66. Breezy, with a south wind 18 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
Sunny, with a high near 93. South southwest wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. East wind 8 to 11 mph becoming south after midnight.
Mostly sunny, with a high near 90. Breezy, with a south wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
Partly cloudy, with a low around 71. Breezy.
Mostly sunny, with a high near 91. Breezy.
A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63.
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.