– This year’s Commencement exercises will be held on Sunday, May 22nd, at 2 p.m. in the Hutchinson Sports Arena.
Graduates need to be at the SAC on Sunday, May 22nd, by 1:15 p.m. to get lined up. To make this the special day that it is, this letter outlines a few key points of information. Please take the time to read it with your graduate and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
· Graduation practice is at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 20th, we will begin in the SAC and move to the Sports Arena once we have made a few announcements. We should conclude by 10 a.m. This is mandatory for any student walking in the ceremony. Please be on time so we can end on time.
· All credits and graduation requirements must be complete before a student is allowed to participate in the ceremony.
· Diplomas and student awards will be distributed in the SAC after Commencement. The diploma cover received during the ceremony will be empty. Students with obligations, fees, missing books/materials, etc. will not be able to pick up their diploma.
· Commencement is a dress up event. Graduates should wear long pants or other attire suitable for church or other similar occasions. Gowns and hats must be worn and decorations or other attachments/accessories will not be permitted on gowns or hats.
· Family members, including children of the graduate, may not walk across the stage or be seated with the graduate during Commencement exercises. Students may not take anything across the stage with them.
· The doors to the Sports Arena will be open to the public at about 1:00 p.m. Seating is first come first serve. We are not limiting the number of guests and tickets are not being distributed.
· To help make this a special and enjoyable event for all in attendance, we ask that you refrain from using air horns or other noisemakers. Applause is the appropriate response when your graduate’s name is read.
· Please remain in your seats throughout the commencement program.
“Congratulations on reaching this milestone and graduating from Hutchinson High School,” said Principal Ryan Ewy. “I am extremely proud of your hard work and determination. Please know we are 100% committed to offering the best graduation possible and we look forward to celebrating this accomplishment with you and your family.”