HUTCHINSON – The Marketing and Business Development team of Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System (HRHS) has been recognized by the Kansas Association of Health Care Communicators (KAHCC) for excellence in public relations.
The awards were announced at KAHCC’s annual meeting held recently in Hays.
Hutchinson Regional was named winner of five Emerald Awards, which recognize hospitals and health systems that excel in internal and external communications, special events, advertising and other categories. Emerald Award recipients include:
- In the External Communications category, Richard Shank was recognized for authorship of a monthly column published in the Hutchinson News.
- Chris Steen was also recognized for excellence in External Communications for a new and enhanced website for Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System.
- In the Wildcard Division, Steen was also designated an Emerald Award winner for the COVID Update Board, which was established to provide daily reports on the COVID pandemic.
- Also in the Wildcard Category, HRHS was honored with an Emerald Award for a COVID memorial established within the hospital.
- Under the External Communications Total category, an Emerald Award was presented to the Hutchinson Regional Marketing and Development team for a campaign to introduce new physician Dr. Shirley Butler.
Several Certificates of Merit were granted as well. Winners include:
- Terry Weathers for the Central Line Newsletter, a weekly publication for HRHS employees, for production of a video shown at the Hutchinson Chamber of Commerce annual dinner, and for a video entitled Keeping You Safe.
- Richard Shank for coordination of a monthly interview series over KWBW Radio, authorship of the weekly ICARE message to healthcare system employees, and for a news release about implementation of the Impella Heart Pump.
Ken Johnson, President and CEO of HRHS, said effective and speedy communications on healthcare issues and available services has never been more important, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. “Our Marketing and Business Development staff work tirelessly to keep our employees and the public informed of the latest developments within Hutchinson Regional,” Johnson said. “To bring home 10 awards in a competition with more than 100 other healthcare organizations throughout Kansas is reaffirmation of the outstanding work this team has accomplished.”
Entities within Hutchinson Regional Healthcare System are Horizons Mental Health Center, Hospice & HomeCare of Reno County, Health-E-Quip, Hutchinson Regional Medical Center and Hutchinson Regional Medical Foundation.