MCPHERSON, Kan. – Sign up for the 2nd Annual McPherson Housing Conference to be held on Thursday, September 29th from 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the McPherson Community Building.
The McPherson County Housing Conference will provide landlords, developers, builders, and the social service community with information on State and Federal grants, local resources and the opportunity to share information with other participants.
Keynote Speaker: Lily Milwet from the National Homeless Law Center will address “Housing Not Handcuffs” -Policies that hinder housing stability.
Download the 2022 McPherson Housing Conference Schedule for a detailed time line of speakers, list of the advocates, participants, and sponsors that have made this possible.
Break-Out Sessions for Developers/Investors:
- State Housing Study-Ryan Vincent, Kansas Housing Resource Corp.
• Rural Development Single-Family Housing Programs–Tracy McCubbin
• Tenant/Landlord Laws-Teresa Baker, HCCI
• Main St. Development-Jim Witt, Emporia Asst. City Manager
Social Services Sector/Housing Stability:
- Aging out of Foster Care- Dr. Stephen Gray
• McP. County Resources-Chris Goodson & Karolyn Moore, McPherson Housing Coalition
• State Level Resources-Ryan Vincent, KS Housing Resource Corp.
• Solar Energy-Yesenia Rivera, Solar United
Register at this link for the 2022 McPherson Housing Conference. Registration is only $30 for individuals, $25 for Non-Profit attendees, and $15 for students. Includes lunch, keynote speaker and breakout sessions.